TBR List
1. The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver
2. The Bonesetter's Daughter by Amy Tan
3. Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier
4. Friday Night Lights by H. G. Bissinger
5. Independence Day by Richard Ford
6. The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
7. The Prince of the Marshes by Michael Ruhlman
8. The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
9. The Sundering by Jacqueline Carey
10. Winterdance by Gary Paulsen
11. Wooden Boats by Michael Ruhlman
12. The Year of Pleasures by Elizabeth Berg
Alternate List
1. The Birth Book by William Sears and Martha Sears
2. The Dewey Decimal System of Love by Josephine Carr
3. Extras by Scott Westerfeld
4. Inkspell by Cornelia Funke
5. The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
6. The Princes of Ireland by Edward Rutherford
7. The Russian Word for Snow by Janis Cooke Newman
8. Scumble by Ingrid Law
9. Shadow Patriots by Lucia St. Clair Robson
10. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
11. Thirteenth Child by Patricia C. Wrede
12. To Understand by Ellin Oliver Keene
This is possibly the first reading challenge I came across when I discovered that such wonderful things exist. It's certainly the first one I mentally grabbed to actually do this year. According to MizB's Reading Challenges, the host, one is to post the book list by December 31st and participate by joining a Yahoo! group set up specifically for this challenge.
Since I started 2012 by setting goals for myself, including one to read and return several of the books that friends have loaned to me over the years, this challenge seemed like a great vehicle for tracking my progress through those books. However, I was out of town for a couple of months at the time I discovered MizB's challenge, so I couldn't actually finish my list until a couple of days ago. So, I'm about 3 1/2 months too late in starting, and I'm not planning to join the Yahoo! group this time around. Instead, I will give it a try using my blog this year and see how it goes.
MizB also allows the option of posting an alternate list of twelve books, which can be used in place of any books on the original challenge list that don't strike your fancy at the time. My TBR list contains books that have been physically loaned to me (with one exception that I will have to find at the library) by friends. Since I also have an extensive collection of books I've collected on my own to read, never mind the titles I have compiled into lists over the years, I am using those for my alternate list.

No comments:
Post a Comment